no_image      
   Images

1.
2.
3.

Pictures shown above are the property of the websites and their owners as listed above.


References:

 

Aberdeen Built Ships

Aberdeen Press and Journal : Aberdeen Journals Ltd., Publisher.

Aberdeen Evening Express : Aberdeen Journals Ltd., Publisher.

British Vessels Lost at Sea 1914-1918 and 1939-1945 : Patrick Stephens Ltd., now Haynes Publishing, Publisher.

British Warships 1914-1919: Dittmar and Colledge : Ian Allan Publishing Ltd., Publisher.

Customs and Excise Registers of Sea Fishing Boats

Fishing News, Intrafish, Publisher.

Mariners Almanac : Aberdeen Journals Ltd., Publisher.

Mercantile Navy Lists via the CLIP Project.

Olsens Fishermans Nautical Almanack : E T W Dennis & Sons Ltd, Publisher.

Scotsman Archives: Johnstone Publications.

Steam Drifters, A Brief History : Jim Tarvit : Scottish Fisheries Museum, Publisher.

Tees Built Ships

Warships of World War II : Lenton and Colledge : Ian Allan Publishing Ltd., Publisher.

 

 

 
         
Port Letters & No: 
Owners & Port History
 
 BF 2
( chronological order)
 
Name:  As KY 73 Cromorna  

1. Owner: Andrew Henderson, W A Readdie and William S Bonthron until 1918

 
Lemnos  
Official Number:  Port: Anstruther  
126980 2. Owner: M & H Henderson, W A Readdie, William S Bonthron, D Cuthbert and J Tawse from 1918 to 1922  

Built: 

1910 Smith's Dock Co., Ltd., South Bank, Middlesburgh. Yd No 439.

Port: Anstruther  
3. Owner: I & H Henderson, R Gardner, 'Doig', G Doig, 'Bett', William S Bonthron, D Cuthbert, J Tawse and T M Anderson from 1922 to 1929  
Type of Vessel: 

Port: Anstruther

 

As BF 2 Lemnos

 
 Steam screw ketch, steel, 1st class, 9 men, nets and lines. 4. Owner: George Anderson (Skipper), Slack Villa, Portknockie, Banffshire from 1929 January 15th. until 1929 January 21st.  
Dimensions: Port: Portknockie  
 82.0ft. lok., 82.0ft.loa.,  18.4ft.b., 9.87ft.d. 5. Owner: James Simpson, Binnview, Portknockie and Richard Irvin and Sons, North Shields from 1929 January 21st., until 1937 May 6th. (Skipper;George Anderson??)  
Tonnage:  Port: Portknockie.  
 84,61grt., 31.42nrt. 6. Owner: Catherine Mair or Anderson, Slack Villa, Portknockie, Lilian Simpson, Binnview, Portknockie and Richard Irvin and Sons, North Shields from 1937 May 6th until 1946 March 16th.  
Propulsion:

Port: Portknockie

 

As PD 141 Lemnos

7. Owner: Bissett B Coull

Port: Peterhead

 

 
 Steam engine 37nhp.    

More information?
If this boat is part of your family heritage and you have some information or pictures that you would like to share, then please get in touch using the 'contact' section above.

     
Radio Call Sign:       
GOGX      
Years:       
 1940 to 1945      
           
 

History: 

 1910 May 25th launched

1910 June completed and registered KY 73 Cromorna

1915 February on hire to Admiralty as Minesweeper and Anti submarine Net Vessel; Ad No:2459: fitted with one 6pdr gun.

1919 returned to owners.

1929 January Kirkcaldy registry closed boat sold to Portknockie

1929 January 15th registered BF 2 Cromorna

1929 January 19th name changed to BF 2 Lemnos

1940 on hire to Admiralty for Harbour Duties

1945 returned to owners.

1946 March 16th Banff registry closed vessel sold to Peterhead

1946 March registered PD 141 Lemnos

1951 Peterhead Registry closed, vessel scrapped.